PayPal - Online Casino Payment Method
PayPal is not a company in need of an introduction to most of us, but if you have questions as to whether PayPal might be a good choice for you as a payment option at an online casino we will try and provide you with the information that you need here on this site.
How does it Work?
Almost every commercial site will accept PayPal because of how widespread it has become, and that popularity has largely come from the ability that PayPal provides to connect several payment options into one. Once the account is set up, it is possible to register any type of funding account to the PayPal system. Bank accounts, debit cards, and credit cards can all be entered. There isn’t a limit, either.
It is possible to have many cards attached to the account, as well as several bank accounts. The beauty of a system like this really starts to get noticed when all that is required to make a payment is to enter an email address and then select where you want money to come from. Just imagine having your entire financial life under one roof. PayPal just makes everything easier.
To use a PayPal account for an online casino, the first step is to get a PayPal account. The process can take a bit of time, especially the part where you add money to the account. Sometimes it takes up to five days to see the deposits that are made to show up in the account, but once they are there the rest is very easy. To set up an account, an email account is needed and the user’s ID needs to be verified.
After that, the accounts and cards that are connected to the account also have to be checked. Once that process has come to an end all that is left is to use one of the attached accounts to transfer money to the PayPal account, at which time the account can be used for making payments online, both at online casinos and everywhere else online.
Since the late nineties, PayPal has risen up through the ranks of online payment systems to become the undisputed champion. The three biggest ways to pay online are Visa, MasterCard, and PayPal. There are millions of PayPal users across the entire globe and almost anyone can benefit from the services that they offer.
Advantages with this Payment Method
- Using PayPal is anonymous
- Once the account is active, making payments is very easy
- All payments are made immediately because the money is on the PayPal account
- Transactions are free to the users
- PayPal is one of the safest and most secure ways to make online payments
- Many people already have a PayPal account so there is often no need for another account to be created.
Disadvantages with this Payment Method
- While PayPal does not directly charge users a fee for using the service, there are some casinos that will defray the charge to their customers. To avoid paying, just make sure that the casino that you are playing at is one that foots the bill.
- PayPal is a fully featured online wallet, which means the process that it takes to create an account and get money onto the account can take days. If you want to use PayPal as a payment option, you will want to open the account well in advance of playing.
- Because of the fees charged to the casinos, there aren’t very many casinos that accept PayPal for deposits and withdrawals.
Review and Summary
Overall, PayPal is one of the better payment options available for online gaming. There are no fees for loading money onto your casino account when using PayPal. Well, there are no fees for the users, that is. The casino gets charged for PayPal transactions which is not great for them. But there are enough online casinos out there that do offer PayPal as a payment method that it must not be too terrible for them.
It feels like the casino is doing you a service when they offer PayPal as a payment option, because it means that you get to take home more of your winnings and you can also enjoy the security and convenience that the system provides. It is possible with PayPal to work in several currencies, and it is also possible to link debit cards, bank accounts and credit cards to the PayPal account which makes using your money very easy.
In our opinion, more online casinos should incorporate PayPal into their list of payment options because making life easier for the players should be better business for the casinos in the long-term.