MasterCard - Online Casino Payment Method
If you are looking for information about using MasterCard as a payment method at online casinos, you don’t need to look any further than this page. MasterCard is obviously not just a payment method for online casinos, as it is one of the most widely-used credit cards in circulation today. It is almost impossible to find anyone selling anything that doesn’t accept MasterCard and, for that reason alone, this is a payment option that deserves your attention.
How does it Work?
When it comes to the question of how MasterCard works as a payment option at casinos, the answer is quite straightforward. MasterCard is a credit card and users are able to upload money to their casino accounts by putting the funds on credit. The whole process is fast and simple when the money is getting credited to the casinos, but when coming back to the customer it can take a few working days to show up in the account.
This is because of the way credit cards work. Being a card holder, the customer has an agreement with MasterCard that has nothing to do with the casino and when they want to spend a certain amount (on credit) the card company has no problem forking out the cash. When the money goes back, it is similar to how a credit card bill is paid, and there is a bit of a processing period that takes place.
One thing to keep in mind when using a credit card at a casino is that it is easy to get carried away, many cards will have a daily spending limit to help curb the temptation to spend too much, and the casinos help out in that regard as well. The limits that people are allowed to use vary quite widely from person to person, card provider to card provider, and from casino to casino. There is also a fee of about 3% imposed for uploads from a credit card, and that can get a little pricey depending on how much money is being uploaded.
Just to be clear, being world-famous and hugely popular among buyers and sellers the world over still does not mean that MasterCard is the best payment option for online casinos. But it does mean that, if you should choose to use it, you will not have any problems finding a casino to accept it.
Advantages with this Payment Method
- MasterCard is secure, and very easy to use.
- This payment method is fast when you are making deposits.
- The money that you spend at the casino is managed by MasterCard which means that if you want to play with more than you normally do for one game or another you can pay off the debt in instalments.
- MasterCard is accepted at every online casino. Even if you are used to using another payment method, a credit card can always be a good fall-back option.
Disadvantages with this Payment Method
- The waiting times for getting your money back from the casino can be a bit longer than with other methods.
- The fact that the winnings go back onto your card makes it seem like the casino is just helping you pay your bill. It can be less than satisfying to get the winnings when they come in like that.
- If you lose control of your spending, the possibility of paying a lot in interest as you pay off the card is very real. You must exercise extra caution when using a credit card at an online casino.
Review and Summary
If you do not already have a credit card with the MasterCard logo on it, the process of getting one is not that difficult. There are many financial institutions that issue credit cards and all it takes is for a simple application form to be filled out. From there, the credit score of the applicant is checked and then a credit limit is decided. You do need to have decent credit in order to get a credit card, so that is something to keep in mind as well.
There are many who could find obtaining one a little bit difficult for one reason or another and for them we can suggest going to the bank and setting up a secured card. A secured card is a credit card that helps you build credit, but without borrowing money. A secured card is more like a debit card in that it is a pre-paid credit card. In our opinion, even if you are not using a secured card to build credit, it can still be a good way to manage your money safely while playing online.
MasterCard is a popular and secure method of payment, and if you are OK with the fees and waiting times that come with this method it is one of the best options out there. Whether it is perfect for you really just depends on what you want to get out of your experience and what your play style looks like, but all it would take to be sure is to give it a try.